Apply for the Blue European Health Insurance Card as a pensioner living abroad

Please note: Use this application only if you are a pensioner living abroad receiving Danish pension and Denmark pays for your healthcare cover in the country, you live in.

You can use the blue European Health Insurance Card when you travel to other countries in the EU, EAA og Switzerland.

The card is free. You will receive the card at your address.

This application is only available in Danish.

If you receive ‘efterløn’ from Denmark, you need to contact Udbetaling Danmark, International Sygesikring.

How to

  1. Click ‘Start’
  2. Log in with MitID (a Danish digital signature)
  3. Fill in the application
  4. Send the application

Other Self Service solutions

Contact info