The easiest way to update your personal information is by using the NemID code app. To update the personal information please follow this guide.
What you need:
- A Danish passport with a chip. As a rule, this applies to passports issued after 1st January 2012. While scanning the passport, the app will check in the National Police's systems that the passport is valid
- A smartphone, which can read a chip (NFC reader). Most Android-phones and iPhone models 7 and up have a NFC reader.
Update your personal information quick and easy by using the NemID code app. Before you start, please make sure, that the app is updated to the latest version 2.6 in the App store or version 2.4.0 in the Google Play store.
How to update your personal information:
- Open the NemID code app. You will now see a message in the app about updating your personal information
- Press “Update here” You will now see a message saying that you need to have your Danish passport ready
- Press “Next”. Now you have to login with your NemID
- Press “Next”
- Press “Send” to send the request to your NemID code app
- Accept the request “Logon NemID code app” with a swipe over “Accept” Now you have to scan the code in your Danish passport with your smartphone
- Press “Scan the code” Firstly, you must give permission for the NemID Code app to use the camera in your smartphone. If you want to give permission, press “OK”. You scan the code by holding your smartphone’s camera above the code line of your passport. The distance between your passport and your smartphone must be approx. 10-15 centimeters. Your information will now be retrieved. If you experience challenges with scanning the code, you can enter your passport information manually. If you want to do this, press "Enter passport information". On the next page you will be able to read your passport information
- Press “Continue” Now you need to scan the chip in your Danish passport. How you do this depends on which smartphone you have. First, you need to remove any cover you may have on your smartphone or passport. Then place the passport on a level surface, such as a table, and place your smartphone on top of the passport. If you have an iPhone, you typically need to place your smartphone on top of your passport so that the top of your smartphone is placed on the bottom of the passport. If you have an Android smartphone, slowly move the smartphone over the passport, until you feel a vibration (if the vibration is active on your smartphone). Then hold the smartphone still
- If you have an iPhone, press "Read chip" when ready. If you have an Android smartphone, you will see a message stating that the chip is being scanned. The scan is now completed. Once the scan is successful, you have finished updating your personal information
- Press "Exit". You can now close your NemID code app.
You can only update your personal information through the NemID code app if you have a phone, which can read the chip in the passport, and have a passport issued after 1st January 2012. If you do not have this, you will later in 2021 or in 2022 receive more information from the Danish Agency for Digitisation about what else you can do.
Read more about how to: