If you have a prescription issued by a doctor or dentist in other EU/EAA countries it can be dispensed by a Danish pharmacy.
In addition, prescriptions issued by Danish doctors or dentists can also be dispensed by pharmacies in other EU/EEA countries.
To dispense a prescription in another EU/EEA country than the country in which the prescription was issued, the prescription must as a minimum provide the following information:
- Your surname, first name and date of birth.
- The date of the prescription.
- The doctor's or dentist's surname, first name, professional qualification, contact details (e-mail and phone or fax number, including country code), work address (including the name of the relevant member state) as well as the doctor's or dentist's signature (written or digital).
- The prescribed product's INN name (International Nonproprietary Name) or brand name if: the prescribed product is a biological medicine, or the doctor or dentist found that this was necessary. The background must be specified.
- The pharmaceutical form (tablet, solution etc.), quantity, strength (expressed as quantity per dose unit, volume unit or weight unit) and dosage.
For the time being, it is not possible to issue prescriptions electronically across the member states.