Call 112 in case of an accident, fire or a serious crime
112 is the nation-wide number to call only
- in case of an accident, fire, or a serious crime
- if lives, property, or the environment are in acute danger
- if there is a need for immediate police assistance, an ambulance, the fire brigade or environmental action
Staff at the emergency call centre will as a rule ask you:
- What has happened – where and when?
- Which phone number are you calling from?
- How many people are injured?
In case of sickness or accidents you will quickly be referred to a health professional employee.
Help will be sent to you while you are talking with the staff member at the 112 emergency call centre. Please remain where you are until help arrives.
Avoid calling 112 if the situation is not acute. You risk blocking the telephone line for an emergency call. Instead, call 114, which is the service number to the police all over the country.