Registering and re-registering your vehicle
You can find information in the Register of Motor Vehicles [Motorregistret] on all vehicles registered in Denmark.
Among other things, you can use the Register of Motor Vehicles to:
- ask the Motor Vehicle Agency [Motorstyrelsen] to determine the value of your vehicle in order to obtain Danish number plates and a Danish registration certificate for it
- change owner information if you purchase a used car in Denmark.
Log in to the Register of Motor Vehicles:
- Log in to TastSelv using NemID/MitID
- Select Motor – Motorregistret
- Select Registreringsafgift [Registration tax] and then Anmod om værdi-fastsættelse [Request valuation]
- Fill out the screen images and select Godkend [Approve]
- You can see your receipt in your Meddelelsesarkiv [Notification archive].
Change information when changing ownership:
- Select Registrering [Registration] and Privat ejer/brugerskifte [Private owner/user change]. Then click Start ejer/brugerskifte [Start us-er/owner change].
- Enter the registration or chassis number.
- Open the vehicle with control number or code parts 1 and 2 from the registration certificate.
- Add any other users or owners who have given their authorisation.
- Select the insurance company and then Anmod om forsikring [Request insurance].
- Select Godkend registrering [Approve registration].
- Select Videre [Continue] and print the receipt.