Here you can find some good advice regarding your gas boiler, if it for instance, you smell gas or your boiler makes unusual noises.
Do you smell gas?
A smelling substance is added to the natural gas to quickly detect even small leakages from the gas boiler. If you smell gas in your home you must immediately contact the 24 hour service by calling +45 62 25 91 14.
Furthermore, you should:
- turn of the main valve
- avoid turning on/off light or electric devises
- not use the doorbell or landline
- avoid open fire
- open doors and windows
- inform other people inside the building or neighbours
- contact medical help If you feel dizzy or discomfort.
No heat or hot water?
In the case, your gas boiler shuts down there are some things you can check before contacting a plumber.
If there is no light in the control panel, check if the boiler has been switch off, or if the power has been disconnected because of a fuse blowing. If this does not work, contact a plumber.
If the boiler makes a howling noise, water is most likely missing. You can read the water pressure on the boiler. If the boiler is operating at a pressure below one bar you must fill the boiler with water until the pressure is again 1.5 bar.
You can find information on how to add water on Evida.dk.
If you get a fault indication, note the indication, turn off the gas boiler, and turn it on again. The boiler will possibly start again. You can find the explanation of the fault indication in the user manual, which might be able to help you from there.
To ensure proper and safe operation of your gas boiler, it is important that your boiler is in good condition. To do so you can:
- regularly check the water pressure
- deaerate the radiator
- keep it nice and tidy around the gas installation
- regularly check the chimney
- take out a service agreement with your plumber or gas supplier.