Change address

When you move within Denmark or move abroad, you need to inform the authorities

Read more and self-services

Start Notification of change of address to the Civil Registration Office

If you are moving from one address in Denmark to another address in Denmark, you have to inform the authorities.

The online self-service is primarily in Danish (depending on which municipality you live in or are about to move to), but you can always get help to fill it in at the local Citizen Service centre. Remember to book an appointment. Or maybe you know a Danish speaking person, who can help you. You need MitID to be able to use to the self-service:

Remember to bring your MitID, if you need help with a self-service at the local Citizen Service centre.

You can at the earliest inform the authorities of your change of address 4 weeks before you move and it must be done no later than 5 days after you have moved to your new home.

Start Leaving Denmark: Deregister your Danish address when moving abroad

You have to report that you leave to the Civil Registration System (CPR) if:

  • you will be gone for more than 6 months. Please note that if you go to Denmark on holiday during your stay abroad, this will not interrupt the 6-month period.
  • you are gone for less than 6 months and you sublet or hire out your residence while you are gone. That is also called giving up the right of disposal.

You deregister in the self-service using MitID.

If you do not have MitID, you can book an appointment with Citizen Service, and you can fill in a leaving form and submitting it to your municipality of residence.

When leaving Denmark, you must destroy your yellow national health insurance card ('sundhedskort') (cut it up) as it only applies to individuals living in Denmark.

Last updated: 15 May 2024