You can find information in the Register of Motor Vehicles (Motorregistret) on all vehicles registered in Denmark.
Among other things, you can use the Register of Motor Vehicles to:
- ask the Motor Vehicle Agency (Motorstyrelsen) to determine the value of your vehicle in order to obtain Danish number plates and a Danish registration certificate for it
- change owner information if you purchase a used car in Denmark.
How to proceed
Log in to the Register of Motor Vehicles:
- Log in to TastSelv using NemID
- Select Motor – Motorregistret
- Select Registreringsafgift (Registration tax) and then Anmod om værdifastsættelse (Request valuation)
- Fill out the screen images and select Godkend (Approve)
- You can see your receipt in your Meddelelsesarkiv (Notification archive).
Change information when changing ownership:
- Select Registrering (Registration) and Privat ejer/brugerskifte (Private owner/user change). Then click Start ejer/brugerskifte (Start user/owner change).
- Enter the registration or chassis number.
- Open the vehicle with control number or code parts 1 and 2 from the registration certificate.
- Add any other users or owners who have given their authorisation.
- Select the insurance company and then Anmod om forsikring (Request insurance).
- Select Godkend registrering (Approve registration).
- Select Videre (Continue) and print the receipt.