You apply for family adoption by completing an application form.
You should normally use the digital forms of the Agency of Family Law, where you log on and sign with your MitID. If you are exempted from Digital Post, you can print the forms, which you will find here, on the home page of the Agency of Family Law:
When you complete the application you must attach the following documents:
- your marriage certificate
- your birth certificate and identity card / birth and name certificate
- proof of any surname change for you
- the child's birth certificate and identity card / birth and name certificate
- proof of any surname change for the child
- proof of rights of custody, if the child is under 18 years of age
- any previous adoption order taken on the child
- a residence permit for the child, if this is required.
- if the child is under 18 years of age, your tax certificates for the past 2 years must be attached
- if the child is under your care, the foster care licence must be attached.