Applying for stepchild adoption
You can apply for stepchild adoption by completing an application form.
Usually, this will be the Agency for Family Law’s digital form, where you log in and sign with your NemID. If you are exempted from Digital Post from authorities, you can print out the forms on the Agency for Family Law’s website.
When you complete the form, you should attach the following documents:
- your marriage certificate, unless you were married in Denmark.
- your birth and baptism certificates unless you were born or baptised in Denmark.
- confirmation of your name change.
- the child’s birth and baptism certificates.
- confirmation of any name change for the child.
- documentation of parental responsibility if the child is under 18 years of age.
- any previous adoption acceptance, if relevant.
- residence permit, if relevant.