When you apply to get married, you must submit an application - a marriage declaration - to the Agency of Family Law and pay a fee.
- If you both have NemID, you must use the Agency of Family Law’s digital application form where you log in and sign using your NemID.
- If you complete the form together and only one of you has NemID, you can choose to either log in using either NemID or SMS login.
- If you do not complete the application together and the other party does not have NemID, you must still complete the digital application and log in using your NemID. You do not need to sign your part of the application by hand. In this case, the other party will receive an e-mail for SMS login.
- If you do not have NemID, you can use the Agency of Family Law’s digital application form where you log in via SMS login.
- You can print the forms if you have been exempted from Digital Post within the public administration.
- You can also ask a representative to submit your application on your behalf. If you do this, you must give the representative authority to submit the application. However, you will still need to sign the application itself with the marriage declaration under oath.
- The representative can also use the Agency of Family Law’s digital application form and log in using SMS login.
If you are unable to use the digital application form, you can print the marriage declaration and send it to us together with all relevant documentation. You should note that applications which are submitted digitally tend to be processed more smoothly.
You will find the form to print on the Agency of Family Law's website.