You are eligible for Child Allowance if you live with your child but not with the child’s father or other parent. You are also eligible for Child Allowance if you are the child’s main carer. The other parent will be responsible for paying you the allowance. Generally, you yourselves as parents must enter into an agreement on the allowance.
You can apply for Family Allowance in the following situations:
- if this is the first time you have applied to the Agency for Family Law for Family Allowance
- if you and the other parent have agreed on an amount and the other parent has ceased to pay it
- if you wish to change (increase, decrease or terminate) a Family Allowance that has already been determined by the Agency for Family Law
- if you wish to change (increase, decrease or terminate) a Family Allowance you and the other parent have agreed on
- if you wish to apply for a Family Allowance or other special allowance in connection with the child’s birth.
You should not use this form if you wish to apply to Udbetaling Danmark for collection and payment of the allowance.
Complete and sign the application with NemID and send it digitally. Please note that if the Agency for Family Law has previously processed a Family Allowance (for you), a fee should also be paid with the application.
When you have completed the form and signed it with your NemID, the case will be registered with the Agency of Family Law.
After you have completed and sent the application, it may take up to 24 hrs before you receive a receipt from Digital Post.