Apply for a Danish tax card and a personal tax number

You must be registered before you can work and pay tax in Denmark. You can apply for a Danish tax card and a personal tax number at "Start."

More information about the tax card is available at 'Understand your tax card'

How to

You can apply for a tax card in three ways (please note that if you have come to Denmark to study, you can just call us on (+45) 72 22 27 80): 

  • by completing our online application form (used by most applicants)
  • by completing and submitting form 04.063: Foreign labour force - application for tax card and Danish personal tax number (CPR number) for employees. If you have completed the form in full and attached or enclosed the documents required, you will receive a preliminary income assessment (forskudsopgørelse) within two weeks. At the top of your preliminary income assessment, you will see your personal tax number.
  • by visiting one of the International Citizen Service Centres in Denmark in: Aalborg, Aarhus, Copenhagen and Odense.