Apply for a Danish tax card and a personal tax number

You must be registered before you can work and pay tax in Denmark. You can apply for a Danish tax card and a personal tax number at 'Start'. 

How to

Read more about needed documentation and deadlines:

You can apply for a tax card in 2 ways (please note that if you have come to Denmark to study, you can just call us on (+45) 72 22 27 80): 

You can use to get your tax card, if you meet the below 3 requirements:

  1. You live in Denmark and have a health insurance card with your CPR number.
  2. You are registered with a Danish address before you start your job.
  3. You have MitID or an E-tax password (TastSelv-kode).

The tax card will typically be generated right away. In some cases, the Tax Agency needs to approve your tax card after you have entered your information. If that is the case, it will take up to 5 days.

You can get a tax card via the digital form 04.063 Foreign labour force – application for tax card and Danish personal tax number (CPR number) for employees. 

If you have completed the form in full and attached the documents required, it will take about 2 weeks.