Optagelse.dk – apply to higher education
On optagelse.dk you can read about and apply to upper secondary education or higher education in Denmark.
Important dates and deadline
1. February: Application portal www.optagelse.dk opens for creating profiles and sending applications.
15 March at 12 noon (CET): Application deadline for applicants without a Danish exam.
5 July at 12 noon (CET): Deadline for changes to list of priorities for all applicants. And application deadline for applicants with Danish upper secondary diploma.
28 July: Applicants will receive a study offer from the educational institution or a letter of rejection from the Coordinated Admission on behalf of the educational institutions.
Study offers are sent by email or via the administrative system of the educational institution. Letters of rejection to applicants are sent by email.
Overview of the application steps.
- Log on to www.optagelse.dk. You can log on using: 1. Danish NemID/MitID, or 2. national EU eID (if available) or 3. your email address
- Fill out the application, attach relevant documentation and add the application to your list of priorities. You can apply for up to eight programmes.
- Approve your application (s) and print the signature page (s). Then sign the signature page (s) and send it/them to the educational institution(s) to which, you are applying. Check the website of the educational institution for information about sending the signed signature page (usually by email or the website of the educational institution). Make sure to send your application before the application deadline expires (15 March at 12 noon (CET) for applicants without a Danish exam).
- Once you have applied for admission to all the desired programmes, the educational institution will consider your application and attached documentation. If the institution needs any further information from you, it will contact you on the supplied email address that you gave in your application.
- Your list of priorities will be processed by the national Coordinated Admission in the Danish Agency for Higher Education and Science. This will ensure that you are only offered admission to one programme. In case of any questions regarding your list of priorities, you will be contacted on the supplied email address that you gave in your application.
- On 28 July you will be informed by the educational institution, if you have been offered admission to the programme. The educational institution will send the study offer directly to you by email or through the local administrative system of the educational institution. If you are not offered admission to any of the applied programmes, you will receive a rejection letter from the Coordinated Admission on behalf of the educational institutions.