If someone else is going to contact Udbetaling Danmark on your behalf, you first need to provide that person with a power of attorney. This also applies even if you are cohabiting and the other person just needs to speak to Udbetaling Danmark about the case.
If you are contacting Udbetaling Danmark on behalf of someone else, you first need to have a power of attorney.
For those of you who will be helping someone else
If the person who wants to provide you with a power of attorney does not have MitID, you can use a written power of attorney. The form can be filled out on the screen or by hand, and it needs to be signed by the person giving you the power of attorney.
If you have a written letter of attorney from someone with student loan, you can send the signed letter of attorney digitally. If you are using a mobile phone, you can take a picture of the letter of attorney and attach it. The power of attorney does not provide access to digital self-service functions.
You can send the form by post to Udbetaling Danmark, Kongens Vænge 8, 3400 Hillerød. Please note that it may take up to a week before Udbetaling Danmark receives the letter of attorney by post.
Calling on someone else’s behalf
If you need to call Udbetaling Danmark on behalf of someone who has recieved more SU than they are entitled to, the person can give you power of attorney over the phone. This also applies if you live apart.
If you are together
The person on whose behalf you are calling can give you the power of attorney at the beginning of your call, if the two of you are together.
- Call Udbetaling Danmark, Student Debt
- Type the CPR number (Civil Registration Number) of the person on whose behalf you are calling
- Tell the employee why you are calling, and that the person is with you
- The employee will then ask to talk to the person.
If the two of you are not together
If you do not have the opportunity to be together during the phone conversation, the person you need to help can first call Udbetaling Danmark and give you the power of attorney. Then you can call and discuss the matter.
- The person on whose behalf you are calling on, must call Udbetaling Danmark before you call
- He or she must tell the employee that you must have a power of attorney
- The employee will send a written confirmation
- You can then call Udbetaling Danmark and discuss the matter
Remember to enter the CPR number of the person on whose behalf you are calling on.