Basis for residence when receiving benefits from Udbetaling Danmark

Read more and self-services

If you are a third-country national* and hold a residence permit in Denmark as a student, you are not eligible for public financial assistance. Receiving public financial support, such as child benefits, housing benefits, or maternity leave benefits, could lead to the loss of your right to reside in Denmark.

It is your responsibility to ensure that you adhere to the rules governing your right to reside in Denmark. If you have any questions about these rules, please contact the immigration authorities at

*You are considered a third-country national if you are a citizen of a country outside of the Nordic region or the EU/EEA.