Access to regulated professions

In some professions, your qualifications must be recognised before you can start working in Denmark

Read more and self-services

You are covered by the EU rules for recognition of professional qualifications if the answer to both of the following questions is “yes”:

  1. You are a citizen of an EU country, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein or Switzerland.
  2. You are fully qualified in one the above-mentioned countries to practise the same profession as you now wish to practise in Denmark.

Send your application to the Danish competent authority enclosing documentation of your qualifications etc.

You can find the competent authority and application instructions by selecting your profession in this list:

Under EU rules, the competent authority must reach a decision on your application within 3 months of receiving of the application itself and any supporting documentation required. In special cases, this deadline may be extended by 1 month.

The European Professional Card (EPC) is an electronic procedure you can use if you are covered by EU rules.

The EPC is available for these professions:

  • Nurse Responsible for General Care
  • Pharmacist
  • Physiotherapist
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Mountain Guide

You can apply for an EPC if you want to get access to pursue your profession permanently, but also if you want to provide temporary services.

Last updated: 23 January 2024