Flexi-jobs, maternity/paternity leave and foreign workers in the event of bankruptcy, cessation of operations and restructuring

Read more and self-services


If you have been employed in a flexi-job, you can get paid salary, etc. from LG. You will be paid the salary that you would normally have gotten from your employer.  

Salary during the termination period 

Find out whether you are entitled to a termination period in your employment contract or via your collective agreement.

If you are on maternity/paternity leave and entitled to paid leave, LG can pay you the salary, etc. that your employer should have paid. 

When you report a claim to LG, remember to provide information on: 

  • the child’s date of birth 
  • paid out maternity/paternity benefits (copy of payments)
  • when your maternity/paternity leave stops 
  • documentation for you being entitled to paid leave (your employment contract, collective agreement, etc.).

If you are working in Denmark for a foreign employer who is declared bankrupt or under restructuring, LG can pay your salary, etc. for your work.  

LG will pay if your employer: 

  • is domiciled in an EEA country 
  • has activities in at least two EEA countries
  • is under some form of insolvency treatment in the home country (as defined in Directive 2008/94/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 October 2008) 

and if you: 

  • have usually performed your work in Denmark
  • have not been posted to Denmark
  • are not residing in Denmark illegally.  

Remember to provide documentation

Besides the documentation that LG normally needs, you must also send: 

  • documentation for the employer’s identity and home country 
  • statement of which periods you have worked in Denmark 
  • if relevant, a Danish residency permit 
  • if relevant, a Danish work permit 
  • if relevant, an agreement about being posted abroad. 

The Employees' Guarantee Fund (LG) ensures that employees receive wages etc. when their employer is declared bankrupt or ceases operations. LG can also help the employer to pay wages to employees working for the company, while it is subject to financial reconstruction. 

If you do not agree with LG's decision

The legislation to which LG is subject falls within the Danish Ministry of Employment, but you cannot complain about the decision to the Ministry. If you do not agree with LG's decision, you are welcome to contact us and possibly send further documentation supporting your claim. LG will review your case and send you a new decision. 

If you still do not believe that our decision is correct, you will have to initiate legal proceedings against LG at the courts. LG has no appeals board, and therefore the case can only continue at the courts. In this case, you must contact the court in Hillerød. 

Contact the customer ambassador 

If you are dissatisfied with the service you received from LG, you can contact ATP's customer ambassador: