Has your employer been declared bankrupt, ceased operations and been declared insolvent or under restructuring?

Read more and self-services

In the Danish Official Gazette, you can see if your employer has been declared bankrupt or under restructuring:

You must enter your employer's CVR no. in the search field 'Søg i Statstidende' (Search the Danish Official Gazette) on the right-hand side, and set 'ELLER PERIODE' (OR PERIOD) to '1 år' (1 year).

Read about what to do if your employer is not listed in the Danish Official Gazette:

You can get help from LG if your employer has ceased operations and cannot pay its debt (insolvent).

Two conditions must be met:

  1. Your employer must have ceased operations.
    See if your employer has ceased operations at Virk.dk:
    Search CVR number on Virk
  2. Your employer must also be incapable of paying your wages.

Read more about cessation of operations and insolvency:

The Employees' Guarantee Fund (LG) ensures that employees receive wages etc. when their employer is declared bankrupt or ceases operations. LG can also help the employer to pay wages to employees working for the company, while it is subject to financial reconstruction. 

If you do not agree with LG's decision

The legislation to which LG is subject falls within the Danish Ministry of Employment, but you cannot complain about the decision to the Ministry. If you do not agree with LG's decision, you are welcome to contact us and possibly send further documentation supporting your claim. LG will review your case and send you a new decision. 

If you still do not believe that our decision is correct, you will have to initiate legal proceedings against LG at the courts. LG has no appeals board, and therefore the case can only continue at the courts. In this case, you must contact the court in Hillerød. 

Contact the customer ambassador

If you are dissatisfied with the service you received from LG, you can contact ATP's customer ambassador: